PR Agency Seeks Top-Notch Sr. AE July 6, 2012
We’re looking for talented senior account executive to join our team of communications professionals at Open Channels Group – could it be you?
Position: Public Relations – Senior Account Executive
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Open Channels Group is a full-service public relations agency specializing in public participation, multicultural and digital communications. Within six years, we have become one of the leading agencies in the North Texas region. Our once solo practice is now a team of 14 communications and creative professionals who serve a growing list of clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sector. O’Dwyer’s, a leading authority on the PR industry, recently ranked us as the sixth top public relations firm in Texas. Our culture and investment in our employees has kept us at the top of our game, and has led us to be named the 2012 Vision Fort Worth 20/20 Award winner for best places to work. If you are an out-of-the box strategic thinker, energetic idea generator and imaginative master of the written word, then we need you to help us grow our team even more.
Position Description:In this role, the candidate will plan, coordinate, consult, problem solve, and direct public relations campaigns for agency clients in various industries from health care and telecommunications to transportation and urban planning. The ideal senior account executive will work with a dynamic team who values a commitment to excellence and professionalism. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment. The candidate must be comfortable working with autonomy and have the ability to set priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Serve as a liaison to agency clients
- Strategic management and implementation of public relations and community outreach programs for multiple clients
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and provide innovative ways to engage the community
- Ability to learn about and understand community issues – socioeconomic, environmental, political, etc. – and how they impact assigned clients and projects
- Create messaging and develop written materials such as newsletters, press releases, reports, blogs and other correspondence as needed, including translating technical information into reader friendly content
- Review internal/external documents and materials for quality assurance and quality control
- Work with traditional and new media outlets; knowledge and experience using AP style
- Represent the company at industry- and business-related events
- Support new business development and marketing efforts
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on public relations, marketing, communications, and/or journalism
- Minimum of 5 years of agency, corporate communications or project management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and social media platforms
- Candidate must be able to work off-site and travel, as well as work some evenings and weekend days
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Proficiency in AP Style
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing and campaign samples to Keisha Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 101 Summit Ave., Suite 208, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.