Are you a recent grad or top-notch college senior looking for an awesome internship for the fall? You’re in luck! We’re looking for talented candidates to apply for our fall PR internship. If that’s you (or someone you know), please keep reading to find out more and how to apply.
Open Channels Group is a full-service public relations agency specializing in public participation, digital and multicultural communications. Our team values collaborative partnerships with our clients to help them connect with the diverse communities and customers they serve. This one-year, paid internship is ideal for a highly motivated recent graduate looking to gain practical experience in the field of study related to public relations, communications, marketing, or journalism.
Open Channels Group is looking for an intern to work with staff on a variety of client projects beginning in the fall. The candidate must be able to work at least 30 hours per week, and handle the following tasks:
- Draft basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports, and other materials as directed.
- Carry out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by staff.
- Provide digital and social media support.
- Attend and participate in client and staff meetings as directed.
- Develop and update media lists and other databases.
- Perform basic news monitoring and assist in preparing coverage reports.
- Assist in research for presentations and new business pursuits.
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions.
- Perform administrative duties and functions as assigned.
- Succeed in a fast-paced small office environment.
The candidate should be a recent graduate (or top-notch college senior) with a degree focus in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism. Excellent writing and verbal communications skills are a must. The candidate should be a self-starter willing to learn and work on several projects at once. Results-oriented with willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Must have the ability to show good judgment and to effectively respond and problem solve.
Please email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Keisha Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to 101 Summit Ave., Suite 208, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
For more information about Open Channels Group, please visit www.openchannelsgroup.com.