Job Alert: Senior Copywriter September 11, 2012
We’re hiring a Senior Copywriter – could it be you?
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Term of Employment: Full time
Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Open Channels Group is a full-service public relations agency specializing in public participation, multicultural and digital communications. Within six years, we have become one of the leading agencies in the North Texas region. PR industry authority, O’Dwyer’s recently ranked us the sixth top public relations firm in Texas. Our culture and investment in our employees has kept us at the top of our game, and has led us to be named a 2012 Vision Fort Worth 20/20 Award winner for best places to work. If you are an imaginative master of the written word, out-of-the box strategic thinker, and energetic idea generator, then Open Channels Group may be the place for you.
In this role, the candidate will develop website content on a variety of topics relating to the African American market for one of the agency’s multicultural clients. The candidate may also create content for the agency and/or other agency clients. The ideal senior copywriter will have the ability to provide creative ideas or concepts, as well as take an idea and give it substance, direction and content. The candidate must be a strong writer with the ability to craft clear and concise content in a short period of time. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communications skills and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment. The candidate must be comfortable working with autonomy and have the ability to set priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Develop website content, including articles, blog posts, scripts and other content as needed
- Craft titles and headlines that will grab readers’ attention
- Brainstorm strategy and direction for website content
- Ability to take assignments and direction, as well as come up with content ideas or concepts on their own
- Conduct research to formulate content ideas and develop existing content
- Keep up with trends relating to technology and the African American market
- Work consistently and dependably under strict deadlines
- Manage content calendar and work flow
- Route content through legal and all other appropriate channels to ensure it receives necessary approvals
- Manage quality control quality assurance process and make sure all edits are implemented
- Support new business development and marketing efforts
- Other copywriting responsibilities as needed for agency and other agency clients
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, and/or English.
- Minimum of 5 years of copywriting experience; agency experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and social media platforms.
- Candidate must be able to work off-site and travel, as well as work some evenings and weekend days.
- Proficiency in AP Style is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Keisha Jones, Open Channels Group, 101 Summit Ave., Suite 208, Fort Worth, Texas 76102 or email email@example.com.